<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

Bush's Tax Cut 

After completing my 2003 return I took a look at the differences between the 2002 and 2003 tax schedules. Just for fun I looked to see what my 2002 tax bill would have been under the 2003 schedule. There was a noticeable difference in the amount I would have paid.

The difference? $53. About a 1% tax cut.

That extra $1.01 a week really helped me get through some tough times. That extra $.14 per day got me over the hump of living paycheck to paycheck.

Just for comparison, the difference for Bush's personal income taxes was nearly $31,000. If I would have received the same savings percentage as Flightsuit, my 2003 tax saving would have been $506.

Thanks a lot, asshole.

I'll make a deal with you Mr. President. Let's throw the money you and I saved into a big pile and split it evenly. Better yet, let's use it to help fund No Child Left Behind. Or we could buy some body armor for the underequiped soldiers in Iraq. I'll let you choose.

Better yet, I think I'll take that $53 and donate it to the Kerry campaign.

|