<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 18, 2004

Only 99% of Republicans are scum... 

Yahoo! News - McCain Says Kerry Not Weak on Defense
Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said Thursday he did not believe Democratic candidate John Kerry, a friend and Senate colleague, was weak on defense or would compromise national security if elected president.

"This kind of rhetoric, I think, is not helpful in educating and helping the American people make a choice," McCain said on "The Early Show" on CBS.
...
Asked on NBC's "Today" if he thought Kerry was weak on defense, McCain said: "No, I do not believe that he is, quote, weak on defense. He's responsible for his voting record, as we are all responsible for our records, and he'll have to explain it. But, no, I do not believe that he is necessarily weak on defense. I don't agree with him on some issues, clearly. But I decry this negativism that's going on on both sides. The American people don't need it."
...
When asked on "The Early Show" if Kerry's election would compromise national security, McCain responded: "I don't think that — I think that John Kerry is a good and decent man. I think he has served his country."
John McCain is an honorable and decent man. I don't always agree with his politics but I do agree with the way he conducts business. We'd be a lot better off if he's won the nomination in 2000 instead of Flightsuit.

|