<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 08, 2004

I'm flying Southwest from now on... 

Pilot Promotes Islam on Flight
NEW YORK - An American Airlines pilot asked Muslims on his flight to identify themselves and suggested the non-Muslims discuss the faith with them, the airline said.

American's Flight 34 was headed from Los Angeles to New York's John F. Kennedy Airport on Friday when the pilot asked Muslims on board to raise their hands, Wagner said.

The pilot, whose name was not released, told the airline that he then suggested the other passengers use the flight time to talk to the Muslims about their faith, Wagner said.

The pilot also told passengers he would be available or discussion at the end of the flight. Wagner said the pilot had just returned to work from a weeklong mission trip to Costa Rica.
Whoops. I guess I replace the word Christian with Muslim. Is your level of outrage the same? I hope so. This pilots actions were highly inappropriate and I hope he is punished severely.

|