<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 26, 2004

An Amendment to Be... 

[Little Boy] Hey, who left all this garbage on the steps of Congress?

[Amendment] I'm not garbage. I'm an amendment to be, yes, an amendment to be and I'm hoping that they'll ratify me
There's a lot of flag-burners who have got too much freedom. I want to make it legal for policemen to beat 'em
'Cause there's limits to our liberties
At least, I hope and pray that there are 'cause those liberal freaks go too far.

[Little Boy] But why can't we just make a law against flag burning?

[Amendment] Because that law would be unconstitutional. But if we change the constitution -

[Little Boy] - Then we could make all sorts of crazy laws!

[Amendment] Now you're catching on!

[Little Boy] But what if they say you're not good enough to be in the constitution?

[Amendment] Then I'll crush all opposition to me!
And I'll make Ted Kennedy pay. If he fights back, I'll say that he's gay.

[Congressman] Good news, Amendment! They ratified you! You're in the US Constitution!

[Amendment] Oh, yeah! Door's open, boys!

-The Simpsons, 1996

|