<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 06, 2003

Hera Speaks... 

Hera makes this announcement from Olympus: Nancy Reagan opposes replacing FDR with Reagan on dimes
Nancy Reagan voiced her opposition Friday to an attempt by Republican lawmakers to put Ronald Reagan's likeness on the dime in place of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

"While I can understand the intentions of those seeking to place my husband's face on the dime, I do not support this proposal and I am certain Ronnie would not," the former first lady said in a statement released Friday.

"When our country chooses to honor a great President such as Franklin Roosevelt by placing his likeness on our currency, it would be wrong to remove him and replace him with another," she said. "It is my hope that the proposed legislation will be withdrawn."
I doubt the zealots will listen. They will not be satisfied until Lenin's Reagan's picture adorns every building in America. Fuck Ronald Reagan.

|